Develop Your Teaching
With One-On-One Guidance from a Senior Teacher
Fall 2018 LYS Mentorship Program
Saturday, September 29, 2018 - Monday, December 31, 2018
Applications Due Monday, September 3
An excellent yoga teacher is the product of consistent practice, study, and dedication over an extended period of time. The Mentorship Program at Lighthouse Yoga School provides 200-hour teacher training graduates with the space to continue learning and growing.
Our purpose is to help bridge the gap between attending a foundational training and becoming a great teacher. Mentees will gain experience leading classes at Lighthouse, refine their teaching skills, deepen their knowledge of anatomy, philosophy, and adjustments, and study directly with one of our senior instructors.
This program is designed to support new teachers as they begin their transformation into strong, confident leaders who are able to connect with, educate, and empower their students in a studio setting. It is open to anyone who holds a minimum 200-hour teacher training certificate.
Curriculum and Responsibilities
This program includes both group lectures covering a range of topics and individual assignments to develop mentees’ teaching ability.
- Yoga Philosophy
- Adjustments and Hands-On Assists
- Sequencing and Structuring a Cohesive Yoga Class
- Anatomy and Modifications for Injury Rehabilitation
- Prerequisite: Mentees must take at least 30 classes at Lighthouse prior to Mentorship Orientation
- Schedule 2 one-on-one in class private lessons with your Mentor
- Teach at least 8 scheduled Community Classes*
- Assist 1 of your Mentor’s classes weekly
- Practice at least 4x per week at Lighthouse (all classes are included in your mentorship tuition)
- Complete 3 monthly personal assignments given to you by your Mentor
- Complete 2 book reports from reading list
- Keep up daily sadhana with meditation, mantra, and pranayama
*Community Classes will be held 9am on weekdays, 2:30pm on Saturdays, and 3:30pm on Sundays. Your scheduled Community Classes start the week following Mentorship Orientation and continue 9 weeks beyond the program’s scheduled end date.
- Freedom and Resolve: The Living Edge of Surrender by Gangaji
- The Science of Pranayama by Sri Swami Sivananda
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Core of the Yoga Sutras: The Definitive Guide to the Philosophy of Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- A Course in Miracles Workbook
JMY TT Graduates: $2,200
Non-JMY TT Graduates: $2,500
Deposit: $1,000 (Due September 3, 2018)